Mac OS is the most suggested operating system as far as data security is considered. It is much lesser affected by virus attacks. Though being a secure OS against unauthorized users, there are several reasons that lead to data loss. Most of the data users store on hard drive because of its large storage capacity. Suppose a user wants to format a volume of hard drive containing unwanted stuff of data but he accidentally formats some other volume. This format volume may contain some important data like office files, family photos, etc. So the search begins on how to bring back that lost data from formatted volume of hard drive on Mac.
Recovering data from Mac hard drive is very easy using this data recovery software. This tool provides you to obtain back data lost due to abrupt system shutdown, master boot record corruption.
Causes behind data loss from Mac hard drive
One of the most common causes of data loss is hard drive getting corrupted. Various other reasons are as:
- Using "Empty Trash" option: When some data is deleted on Mac hard drive, it goes to the Mac Trash folder. You may accidentally select the "Empty Trash" option which empties Trash folder and you will lose out data stored in Trash folder.
- Bad Sector: A sudden power failure during a read / write process is in progress; may create bad sectors on hard drive. These bad sectors make hard drive data inaccessible.
- Catalog file corruption: Catalog files contain information regarding file hierarchy on Mac volumes, this information is very critical. A corruption to catalog files is caused mainly because of error in disk initialization, partition table corruption, etc and a corruption to these catalog files makes all the data stored on drive inaccessible.
- While increasing size of volume: When you go for increasing the size of volumes of Mac hard drive, the other below volume is shortened. If the available free space in the below volume is not enough to accommodate the increased size of the volume, than you need to go for deleting the below volume. That causes all the data being lost from that below volume and recovering data from Mac hard drive is needed.
Virtues of using this software:
- It brings back data from crashed hard drive on Mac OS X 10.5 and above versions of Mac operating systems.
- Efficiently finds lost data due to overheating of laptops. Visit here to know further about obtaining data from laptop, http://www.getbackdatarecovery.com/laptop.html
- It obtains back lost data after any logical error occurred after re-partitioning or mounting / unmounting of hard drive.
- By implementation of this software any of you can get data off faulty external hard drive with utmost ease. Visit this link to know more: http://www.getbackdatarecovery.com/faulty-external-hard-drive.html
- It reclaims lost data from all popular brands of hard drive like Seagate, Western Digital, Hitachi, HP, etc.
- You can perform data recovery from MacBook Air hard disk, MacBook Pro and iMac computers using it.
- Besides Mac hard drives, this utility also enables to obtain lost data from external storage devices like FireWire drives, USB flash memory devices, memory cards etc.
Note: In case you losses data after formatting a Windows hard drive, you can use Windows version of this tool to obtain back data from formatted drive with ease.
Procedure for recovering data from Mac hard drive:
Step-1: Install the Mac version of this tool on to your Mac system and start the software. From appeared main screen select "Recover Files" option.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step-2: From the next generated window showing two options i.e. "Recover Deleted Files" option, "Recover Lost Files" option. Pick any one of them as per scenario.
Figure 2: Recover Lost Files
Step-3: From list of volumes on next screen, select the volume from where you want to bring back your data. And click on "Next" button.
Figure 3: Select Volume
Step-4: Now, pick the file types that you want to bring back from the list of file types on the screen. Click "Next" option to start scanning. You can even jump to next step i.e. scanning by clicking on "Skip" option.
Figure 4: Select File Type
Step-5: Now, list of file that has been brought back are appeared on a screen. You can take use of "Save Recovery Session" option so that you can restore this session later on. To store the found data, you need to purchase the activation key of full version and upgrade it.
Figure 5: Save Recovery Session